If you are tasked with organising a red carpet event, your planning skills will be severely tested, as you try to make sure that every eventuality is covered. The only variable out of your control is the weather, but everything else can be planned for, and with that in mind, here is a checklist to ensure you don’t overlook anything.
- Red Carpet – The obvious requirement, you can hire red carpet in Melbourne from an online provider who would have a lot of other essentials, such as bollards, rope and media walls for the best backgrounds.
- Security – Crowd control and monitoring access points is always necessary, and a local security provider can tailor their services to suit. If it is a ticket-only event, you will need experienced staff on entry and exit points, and let’s not forget media control.
- Flowers – Of course, you can’t forget the flowers, and whether you go for real or artificial, the right bouquets need to be in place prior to the start of the event.
- Audio Solutions – Microphones and speakers need to be covered, with the speakers in the optimum locations, and microphone batteries must also be prepared.
- Artificial Grass – More often than not, there are small areas that require suitable covering, and artificial grass ticks all the boxes in that department. Most red carpet event suppliers would have a selection of elegant artificial grass, which can be cut to size.
- Covered Walkways – You need to protect people from both sun and rain, and the same company that supplier marquee tents would also have walkway covering, which they can install when the erect the tents.
- Furniture – Chairs and tables will be required, just how many would depend on the event, and there are specialist event hire companies who can provide you with everything you need.
- Restrooms – Absolutely essential that you have adequate restrooms for the number of people attending, and you can hire VIP restrooms and hospitality units from a local supplier.
- Lighting – Spotlights will help to highlight specific areas, plus you will need some stage lighting, even if it is a daytime event. LED solutions offer you more flexibility for all your event lighting needs, which can be hired from any major event supplier.
- The Script – Everyone should know where they are in the time schedule, and there’s nothing wrong with a little rehearsal, which will help your MCs ensure that things roll smoothly. All relative parties will need their own copy of the script, and don’t forget to synchronise watches, as this will ensure that everyone is on the same page.
With a comprehensive checklist always at hand, you can rest assured that nothing will be overlooked, and with a little luck, the weather will be ideal.